Why House Calls
There are many benefits to having your pet cared for in your home:
- Reduced stress on your pet: no travel, strange office, or other animals.
- No waiting room or long waits: seen at the time set for the appointment.
- Increased convenience to you.
- Your pet's environment can be observed.
- Treat all your pets with one visit.
- Your pet is not exposed to infectious diseases.
On a typical house call visit, Dr. Mackey sees your pet in your living room, garage, backyard - wherever your pet happens to feel most comfortable (many a cat has been awakened from a nap on the bed for an exam).
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Deborah Mackey grew up in Colorado where she cultivated her love of animals. Deeply impacted on one particular trip to the family veterinarian during her childhood, she decided to pursue a career in veterinary medicine. Naturally Dr. Deb set her sites on Colorado State University to earn her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine degree.
After time as an associate veterinarian at a local veterinary hospital, Dr. Deb decided to start her own practice. Desiring to build stronger relationships with her patients and their owners, she opened Claws and Paws in 1996.
Dr. Deb enjoys spending time with her family and watching the urban wildlife that plagues her backyard. She shares her home with a cat, two dogs, and two very opinionated rabbits.